December 17, 2006

The 15th Japan Ferret Championship Show (Kobe city)

Finally!!
What you've all been waiting for... (insert dook-roll here)

Official Pics and News from the 15th annual Japanese Championship Ferret Show!!

Overview:
There are many ferret shows across Japan, but the 2 main Championship shows that the AFA participates in are held in the Spring and Fall every year. They are normally held in the southern area on Japan's main island since the President of the JFA is from that area and she has to haul all that stuff around.

This was my first time to go to ANY ferret show anywhere. I have to say it was really well-organized and everything seemed to run smoothly from my perspective, but then again, I was so swamped under piles of fuzzy-heads I wouldn't have noticed if the fire alarm went off. I didn't even notice the endless Yanni music that played in the background for hours upon hours which normally would have sent me looking for the nearest balcony to jump off of. ^.~

Since it was my first time, the night before I had an hour or so of training for my job as a judge steward. It involved translating for the new Japanese stewards, also. The JFA show was quite the microcosm of Japan--for every 300 Japanese, the 3 judges and I were the lone 4 foreigners, "gainjin". ^.^

Highlights:
. lots and lots of fuzzies !!!!
. a super-cute photo contest
. A very nice 3 minute movie clip featuring the Japanese & American judges, ferrets from the costume show, and yours truly (sitting next to Scarlett). ^.~ And it's High quality to boot!

These pages are in Japanese. Once you click on the movie link above and get to the page, please refer to the diagram below to watch the movie.


I will check back off and on with the JFA to see if they add any more movies or pictures, but I don't think they will be since they are now in the midst of planning for the Major Spring show which, for anyone interested, is on April 1st in Hamamatsu (about 1.5 hours south of Tokyo).

Sorry, no personal pics. My camera was donated to a greater cause. ^.^

Ads make the world go around. Help us out!

No comments: